Popular Posts

Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Angie Miller- You set me free!! Free of Baggage!!!




I was listening to some music, and I realized that it gives a way to understand the video "baggage" in another way. Check it out!

Angie Miller wrote a song, "You set me free!"
Listen to it, you´ll like it







When I was 9 years old, my mom and dad split up! It was a pretty big deal but, I didn´t know how to talk about it. Some of my friend’s parents were divorcing and they seemed to do OK with it but, I thought my world was being ripped apart.

“I just don´t love you anymore!”

“Why can´t you give this one more try?”

I started packing things away, maybe I´d run away, maybe I just wanted to protect the things I loved the most and have them close to me all the time!

“Why are you being so unreasonable?”

“Joint custody was not my idea!”  

I carried my suitcase to school, friends houses, to church, everywhere I went really and for a couple of years nobody saw it or so I thought  and then one day at church my class teacher asked me about it, she said, “ Anne, looks like your carrying a heavy load there.”  I told her it wasn´t heavy, cause it was all the things I loved and I opened it up a little bit to show her what was inside. I tried to tell her about little bear and how scary he was sometimes, but instead of helping me she gave me this big Bible and she crammed it inside my bag and she told me that if I would accept Jesus everything would get better, but I never saw Jesus, but I just got the Bible. And it made my bag heavier.

I tried to concentrate on my school work, but I couldn´t, I had so many bags. I had teachers that put a lot of pressure on me.

“Anne, you have so much potential!”

They kept on telling me how smart I was, and how if I would just more and wok harder I would make better grades and I could really get into a good college, but, which I really wanted to do. I know, I know they couldn´t see what I was already carrying, so they loaded me up with all the books I would need to learn, what I needed to know.

There was this one kid in my math class  we talked sometimes,

“Hi, Anne!”

And then one day he put a gun to his head. A bunch of us attended the service, and all I could think was, he probably had a lot of bags like I had and he just wanted to blow them away.  Then someone told me about Jesus, I said, “Oh no you don´t, I´m still lugging around a big Bible in this bag and all it is, is heavy, “No thanks”

They said, Jesus said, “Come to me anyone who is tired of carrying all their bags, right, who isn´t, “Come to me and I will give you rest!”

“How, I´m so tired, and they said,

“Look”   “What” “His arms”  “So”  “Their open”  “They were nailed open.” “So you could put your bags on them”

“I can´t!!”  “Then lay them at his feet!”

They won´t come off me, they won´t come off! I´ve been carrying them for so long”  “Put them on him!”  “I can´t!” “I can´t”




Pelo Skype você pode encontrar-me 
com o nome englishcoursetn1
Aproveite e deixa um recado... "quero uma aula demonstrativa"


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comente, concorde ou discorde! Mas seja cordial. Textos ofensivos ou que contenham palavrões não serão aprovados.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More